Committee Chair to be appointed by the President after the elections at the Annual Meeting
The duties of the Ecology Committee Chair shall include:
- Recruiting a sufficient number of people to fulfill the committee’s duties.
- Giving a report regarding this committee at the monthly meetings.
- Keeping the Executive Board informed of any planned committee activities.
- Maintaining any records compiled by this committee.
- Being responsible for the committee fulfilling its duties.
The duties of the Ecology Committee shall include:
- Keeping up to date on any pending pollution legislation and its effects on the interests of the Federated membership and making recommendations to the membership.
- Reporting of any illegal pollution of water, ground or air to the membership.
- Reporting on the contamination caused by pesticides to fish, birds, both game and non-game, and all marine life to the membership.
- Reporting on the state of conservation of public lands in RI to the membership.
- Reporting on the state of the cleanliness of the waters, both fresh and salt, in RI to the membership.
- Any additional work that may be necessary for the good of this committee and/or the Federated.