Committee Chair to be appointed by the President after the elections at the Annual Meeting
The duties of the Legislative Committee Chair shall include:
- Recruiting a sufficient number of people to fulfill the committee’s duties.
- Giving a report regarding this committee at the monthly meetings.
- Keeping the Executive Board informed of any planned committee activities.
- Maintaining any records compiled by this committee.
- Being responsible for the committee fulfilling its duties.
The duties of the Legislative Committee shall include:
- Studying any and all proposed legislation, federal, state and local, concerning the preservation or taking of fish, game and non-game wildlife, and their habitats, including the right to keep and bear arms, and to make recommendations on such legislation to the membership.
- The introduction, through the proper channels, of any proposed legislation suggested and authorized by the Federation to address the preservation or taking of fish, game and non-game wildlife, and their habitats, including the right to keep and bear arms for hunting and non hunting purposes.
- Finding a member or members of the committee to be a registered representative(s) of the Federated to the RI General Assembly, as necessary.
- Keeping the membership informed of upcoming dates and times to sign for/against or to testify for/against proposed legislation at the State House.
- Forming a group of members willing to “hang out” in yellow shirts at the State House when the legislature is in session and be seen by the legislators.
- Any additional work that may be necessary for the good of this committee and/or the Federated.