Sport Shooting Committee
Committee Chair to be appointed by the President after the elections at the Annual Meeting
The duties of the Sport Shooting Committee Chair shall include:
- Recruiting a sufficient number of people to fulfill the committee’s duties.
- Giving a report regarding this committee at the monthly meetings.
- Keeping the Executive Board informed of any planned committee activities.
- Maintaining any records compiled by this committee.
- Being responsible for the committee fulfilling its duties.
The duties of the Sport Shooting Committee shall include:
- Promoting shooting events in all the shooting disciplines (High power rifle, small bore rifle, sporting clays, 5 stand, trap, skeet, bulls eye pistol, defensive pistol, three gun competitions, bowling pin shoots, steel shooting, etc.).
- Coordinating all types of competitive shooting activities within Rhode Island to help bring about better scheduling of matches, a diversity of types of shooting events and the participation of more member clubs in such events.
- Sponsoring and/or organizing the RI State Rifle and Pistol Championships with the support of local gun clubs and ranges.
- Sponsoring and/or organizing NRA Regional, Sectional, Registered and Approved tournaments in Rhode Island.
- Sponsoring and/or organizing Rifle and Pistol Leagues and matches in Rhode Island, including Junior and Women’s Leagues.
- Any additional work that may be necessary for the good of this committee and/or the Federated.